04 Dec 2023
What can we learn from the recent ad for Charlie's Bar in Enniskillen about how ads can reflect the mood of a nation and tackle difficult subjects?
31 Oct 2023
Just as the advertising sector seems to doubt its ability to make impact, there are creative activists harnessing those very skills to create a counternarrative.
03 Oct 2023
Brands operate in the real and online worlds, and how they choose to represent and portray women and who they associate their values with is very telling.
05 Sep 2023
Yes, there's unfairness in the education system. But proof of academic achievement is nevertheless valuable, especially as post-pandemic on-the-job training investment has been insufficient.
04 Jul 2023
Pride Month reminds us of the progress LGBTIQ+ has made in media and marketing. But brands are increasingly regarded as fair play in a battle to control the narrative of what is decent, warns Jan Gooding.
03 May 2023
Any brand who manages to move, astonish, entertain, or amuse a crowd in a cinema environment benefits exponentially, writes Jan Gooding.
04 Apr 2023
My recent experience of an online marketing tactic shows the negative impact of chasing numbers ahead of the quality of context and effectiveness.
28 Feb 2023
People or profits? How about benevolence, argues Jan Gooding.
10 Jan 2023
The focus for 2023 should be on retention rather than recruitment argues Jan Gooding
06 Dec 2022
We are seeing a trend where chief people officers are being given responsibility for defining a company's purpose. Advertisers and media brands need to task the right people with making meaningful change happen, writes Jan Gooding.
The Media Leader bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Weeklies
- Consumers ABC's: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABC's: Men's Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Lifestyle
- Apple TV launches beta version of sports multiview feature
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- Rajar Q3 2023: Smart speaker listening share dips
- Rajar Q3 2023: BBC claws back share of listening
- Rajar Q3 2023: Greatest Hits Radio overtakes Capital on breakfast
- Rajar Q2 2023: BBC slides at breakfast but retains top 3 spots
- Rajar Q2 2023: another record high for commercial audience reach and share
- How the VOD giants are navigating the cost of living crisis
- Rebranded BVOD services create an increase in claimed usage
- How we listen is changing rapidly, but radio continues to have the MIDAS touch
- Mediatel Connected whitepaper: The Growing UK Audio Market
- Black Friday: who to target?