13 Apr 2021
Jan Gooding takes issue with outdated calls to follow populist trends rather than challenge them
16 Mar 2021
Jan Gooding questions why adverts clearly aimed at elderly consumers would choose to use such absurdly youthful models.
09 Feb 2021
Jan Gooding challenges the veracity of the argument opposing the HFSS ad ban and questions how well it stands up against the science of genetics.
19 Jan 2021
Jan Gooding sets out the thinking behind her resolutions to buy once, buy less and repair more
After seeing the UK's supermarkets unite in an alliance against racism, Jan Gooding questions why any brand would not choose to unleash their inner activist in 2021.
Marketers are in the unique position to clear up their own mess so that within five years, they can be judged on their legacy, says Jan Gooding
27 Oct 2020
Jan Gooding discusses the mental health toll on leaders and how adopting a coaching mindset can help.
Jan Gooding offers strategic planning advice for brands looking to navigate their way through the disruption.
Jan Gooding wonders whether adland's reaction to the junk food ad ban will see it fall on the wrong side of history again.
There can be few things as important to a brand as its name, iconography and heritage, writes Jan Gooding - but at what cost?
Mediatel News bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- February ABCs: a steadier month
- Five key takeouts from the latest consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Men's Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Weeklies
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Lifestyle
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks