28 Apr 2020
Contrary to popular belief, advertisers on TV only ever pay for the audience they buy, writes Matt Hill - everything else is extra.
Thinkbox's Matt Hill explains how TV viewing has affected the price of advertising, what this means, and how advertisers now need to approach the medium.
04 Apr 2019
There is a habit in media of sweeping up internet activities into big meaningless numbers, writes Thinkbox's Matt Hill - and it really makes no sense.
It is fundamental that advertisers now use a combination of broadcast and on-demand TV to maintain reach. Too bad Ebiquity’s new report overlooks this fact, says Thinkbox’s Matt Hill.
Adland has broken out in a rash of effectiveness studies, and they all point in a similar direction. Will they be listened to, asks Thinkbox’s Matt Hill.
07 Nov 2017
There is now industry standard proof that television's reach hasn’t changed in the last 10 years - but, to make the most of it, marketers need to plan across both TV and broadcaster VOD, writes Thinkbox’s Matt Hill.
The burning desire for cross-platform measurement of AV advertising is clouding media planners' judgement when it comes to understanding the concept of value, writes Thinkbox's Matt Hill.
09 Aug 2016
In advertising, viewability and attention are far too often confused. It's time to set the record straight, writes Thinkbox's Matt Hill
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks