22 Mar 2021
Thinkbox’s Matt Hill throws some shapes to tell the stories of how individual sectors approached TV advertising during the past year
04 Nov 2020
Matt Hill, Thinkbox’s research and planning director, looks at whether advertising’s future is short form.
28 Apr 2020
Contrary to popular belief, advertisers on TV only ever pay for the audience they buy, writes Matt Hill - everything else is extra.
Thinkbox's Matt Hill explains how TV viewing has affected the price of advertising, what this means, and how advertisers now need to approach the medium.
04 Apr 2019
There is a habit in media of sweeping up internet activities into big meaningless numbers, writes Thinkbox's Matt Hill - and it really makes no sense.
It is fundamental that advertisers now use a combination of broadcast and on-demand TV to maintain reach. Too bad Ebiquity’s new report overlooks this fact, says Thinkbox’s Matt Hill.
Adland has broken out in a rash of effectiveness studies, and they all point in a similar direction. Will they be listened to, asks Thinkbox’s Matt Hill.
07 Nov 2017
There is now industry standard proof that television's reach hasn’t changed in the last 10 years - but, to make the most of it, marketers need to plan across both TV and broadcaster VOD, writes Thinkbox’s Matt Hill.
The burning desire for cross-platform measurement of AV advertising is clouding media planners' judgement when it comes to understanding the concept of value, writes Thinkbox's Matt Hill.
09 Aug 2016
In advertising, viewability and attention are far too often confused. It's time to set the record straight, writes Thinkbox's Matt Hill
Mediatel News bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Five key takeouts from the latest consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Cookery & Gardening
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABCs: TV Listings
- Consumer ABCs: Womens Lifestyle
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q3 2021: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q3 2021: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q3 2021: Digital
- How well do you really know the UK podcast market?
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis