ARCHIVE ▸ MICHAELA JEFFERSON
09 Sep 2020
The Climate Action Working Group, established by the Advertising Association (AA) in partnership with ISBA and the IPA, has launched a new industry standard for climate-friendly advertising production in the UK.
02 Sep 2020
Veriça Djurdjevic, CEO of media agency PHD UK, has been hired by Channel 4 as its first chief revenue officer.
27 Aug 2020
WPP suffered a -15.1% drop in net sales as the Covid-19 crisis took hold in the second quarter of this year - an "inevitable downturn" according to CEO Mark Read, but "better than our expectations".
25 Aug 2020
Mediatel News' Michaela Jefferson meets a graduate from the Brixton Finishing School, talks to its founder and discusses whether adland needs to do more to support multicultural talent at a younger age.
30 Jul 2020
Newsworks' executive chair Tracy De Groose is to step down this September, with Jo Allan appointed managing director to lead the national newsbrand marketing body in her place.
30 Jul 2020
Despite a marginally improved outlook for the rest of this year, the UK ad market is not expected to return to year-on-year growth until the second quarter of 2021 - assuming a successful Covid-19 vaccine is by then in place.
29 Jul 2020
The launch of Hits Radio Pride comes following the cancellation of this year's Pride events across the UK, a result of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
27 Jul 2020
According to Zenith's latest adspend forecasts, digital advertising is to claim a 51% share of total global advertising expenditure this year.
20 Jul 2020
Meanwhile, the magazines and digital properties for Sea Angler, Car Mechanics and Your Horse are to move into new ownership under Kelsey Media.
15 Jul 2020
In what the TV marketing body has described as "miserable" news, Tess Alps - the founding CEO and current non-executive chair of Thinkbox - is set to retire at the end of 2020.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- September ABCs: newsbrand circulations begin slow recovery
- August ABCs: Newsbrand circulations plummet post-lockdown
- Five key takeouts from the latest PAMCo release for newsbrands
- Five things you need to know from the latest PAMCo release for magazines
- Magazine ABCs: market round-up
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks