ARCHIVE ▸ MICHAELA JEFFERSON
27 Aug 2020
WPP suffered a -15.1% drop in net sales as the Covid-19 crisis took hold in the second quarter of this year - an "inevitable downturn" according to CEO Mark Read, but "better than our expectations".
25 Aug 2020
Mediatel News' Michaela Jefferson meets a graduate from the Brixton Finishing School, talks to its founder and discusses whether adland needs to do more to support multicultural talent at a younger age.
30 Jul 2020
Newsworks' executive chair Tracy De Groose is to step down this September, with Jo Allan appointed managing director to lead the national newsbrand marketing body in her place.
30 Jul 2020
Despite a marginally improved outlook for the rest of this year, the UK ad market is not expected to return to year-on-year growth until the second quarter of 2021 - assuming a successful Covid-19 vaccine is by then in place.
29 Jul 2020
The launch of Hits Radio Pride comes following the cancellation of this year's Pride events across the UK, a result of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
27 Jul 2020
According to Zenith's latest adspend forecasts, digital advertising is to claim a 51% share of total global advertising expenditure this year.
20 Jul 2020
Meanwhile, the magazines and digital properties for Sea Angler, Car Mechanics and Your Horse are to move into new ownership under Kelsey Media.
15 Jul 2020
In what the TV marketing body has described as "miserable" news, Tess Alps - the founding CEO and current non-executive chair of Thinkbox - is set to retire at the end of 2020.
11 Jul 2020
Beth Freedman has been named the new UK chief executive of Dentsu Aegis Network's full-service agency, dentsu X, replacing Patrick Affleck.
29 Jun 2020
Big Issue magazine vendors will return to the streets of England, Scotland and Wales on Monday July 6, armed with PPE and contactless card payment equipment as part of new Covid-19 safety precautions.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- October ABCs: FT and Observer buck the trend as circulations drop
- September ABCs: newsbrand circulations begin slow recovery
- August ABCs: Newsbrand circulations plummet post-lockdown
- Five key takeouts from the latest PAMCo release for newsbrands
- Five things you need to know from the latest PAMCo release for magazines
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks