Omar Oakes is the editor of Mediatel News. Oakes joined Mediatel Group in May 2021 from Haymarket Media Group, where he spent six years on Campaign, first as news editor, then as global technology editor, and latterly as media and technology editor. He has previously worked at The Telegraph and for regional newspaper titles at Newsquest.
21 Sep 2021
Mediatel News is launching a weekly bulletin today that features thought leadership and analysis about media strategy.
21 Sep 2021
One year after UK launch, Reddit launches first consumer ads
17 Sep 2021
Mediatel News will do its part to fulfil this growing demand for media strategy intel and insight through the launch of Strategy Leaders.
16 Sep 2021
Media agency Goodstuff has seen a significant change in how so-called DTC businesses approach media
15 Sep 2021
Head judge Belinda Beeftink says: "We’re not looking for vanity projects, we want results that are tangible.”
14 Sep 2021
OOH advertisers are still booking campaigns “very late” due to continued hesitancy in the market and late-booking charges being waived.
08 Sep 2021
Mediatel Media Research Awards launches special category in tribute to the late Adrian Edwards of TechEdge.
03 Sep 2021
The current higher than usual volume of account reviews is likely to last well into next year and beyond, predicts the editor of Mediatel News
31 Aug 2021
It's become a rite of passage for younger digital media owners to hire experienced agency planners, but Snap's ecommerce play adds another layer to Jed Hallam's hire
27 Aug 2021
Don't leave it to a Brexit-obsessed government to make the online ads system better. We have the talent and ambition to lead, writes the editor
Mediatel News bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Five key takeouts from the latest consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Cookery & Gardening
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABCs: TV Listings
- Consumer ABCs: Womens Lifestyle
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- How well do you really know the UK podcast market?
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks