Omar Oakes is editor of The Media Leader and launched the title’s rebrand from Mediatel News in February. Oakes joined Mediatel Group in May 2021 from Haymarket Media Group, where he spent six years on Campaign, first as news editor, then as global technology editor, and latterly as media and technology editor. He has previously worked at The Telegraph and Newsquest.
15 Aug 2022
We need new ideas and approaches when it comes to training, development and wellbeing at work, writes the editor.
12 Aug 2022
Video: Amid a looming recession and high media inflation, how excited are brands really about ads on Disney+ and Netflix? Wake The Bear's media director speaks to The Media Leader.
11 Aug 2022
Please look out for it on your Thursday newsletter from next week. We've some exciting plans for the Tuesday edition which will be revealed very soon.
08 Aug 2022
Are advertisers realising that agency relationships are more important than they realised, asks the editor.
04 Aug 2022
Commercial radio overtook the BBC in share of listening for the first time in 23 years, while Radio 1 fell to its lowest-ever Rajar audience.
02 Aug 2022
Interview: The 'Madison Avenue Manslaughter' author is writing a sequel chronicling one agency's attempt to transform itself.
01 Aug 2022
Do advertisers and agencies have the confidence to brand-build on OOH when belts are tightening and the ‘brand vs performance’ marketing divide persists?
01 Aug 2022
As media and advertising companies report their quarterly earnings, no one seems interested in talking about the most important resource of all and why it is in such short supply.
25 Jul 2022
Advertisers want long-term partnerships and are concerned about the 'missing middle', but are broadcasters strong enough to face down Big Tech, asks the editor.
18 Jul 2022
Nearly a third of people have borrowed money or used their savings to cover the costs of media subscriptions since the beginning of this year, new data from KPMG has revealed.
The Media Leader bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Five key takeouts from the consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: Mens Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABCs: TV Listings
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q2 2022: smart-speaker listening rises quarter-on-quarter
- Podcasts boom during Covid, radio audiences remain strong
- Rajar Q1 2022: Digital surpasses two-thirds of all UK radio listening
- Rajar Q1 2022: BBC R2 and Heart remain top despite audience dips
- Rajar Q4 2021: Digital nears 2/3 of all UK radio listening