Omar Oakes is the editor of Mediatel News. Oakes joined Mediatel Group in May 2021 from Haymarket Media Group, where he spent six years on Campaign, first as news editor, then as global technology editor, and latterly as media and technology editor. He has previously worked at The Telegraph and for regional newspaper titles at Newsquest.
29 Jul 2021
This growth will recover the entirety of 2020’s £1.8bn decline
28 Jul 2021
Dentsu UK is trying to make it easier for clients to reach more LGBTQ+ people, ethnic minorities and over-50s through its media spend
20 Jul 2021
Hearst CEO and president of Europe James Wildman has stepped down from the business.
16 Jul 2021
It’s not for our industry to solve social media’s problems, but it’s our responsibility to hold them accountable, writes the editor of Mediatel News
15 Jul 2021
More than a 100 brands and agencies are calling on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat to take stronger action over tackling racist abuse on their platforms.
13 Jul 2021
ISBA's Media Services Framework has been given a 'fundamental overhaul' but does it strike the right balance between transparency and costs?
12 Jul 2021
Hewat has been charged with helping to scale Pinterest’s growing advertising business in the UK
12 Jul 2021
A combined audience of 30.9 million people tuned in to watch England's Euro 2020 final match against Italy last night
09 Jul 2021
An amazing few days for commercial media must not blind us to the challenges that incumbents face
Mediatel News bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- March ABCs: A better month for the dailies
- February ABCs: a steadier month
- Five key takeouts from the latest consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Men's Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Weeklies
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- How well do you really know the UK podcast market?
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks