01 Apr 2019
Sponsor content: Marketing is blighted by the Cobra Effect - and the way we measure campaign effectiveness creates the risk of unintended consequences, writes Richard Shotton.
It once was in fashion, but we’ve since lost our passion, for rhyming in ads, which makes us quite sad. Oh FFS, stop it. Ahem. Here is a great article by Richard Shotton and Alex Boyd about a lost marketing art form...
20 Sep 2017
A simple psychological principle known as anchoring has resulted in some incredible sleight of hand tactics by brands - and as Richard Shotton and Amy Rushton show, the results are extraordinary.
Richard Shotton and Alex Boyd look at the history of charm pricing - and through a fascinating experiment debunk some common myths about one of retail's longest-serving strategies.
12 Jun 2017
Richard Shotton and Laura Maclean explore what impact mood has on the influence of advertising.
25 Oct 2016
Appealing for help from a group is often hampered by a diffusion of responsibility, writes Richard Shotton. How do we change this way of thinking?
17 Oct 2016
Brands must recognise that much of advertising's impact comes from perceived waste, writes Zenith's Richard Shotton.
04 Oct 2016
Zenith's Richard Shotton and Sophia McQueen reveal how run-of-the-mill products can be better enjoyed if we change the way we describe them
28 Sep 2016
Napoleon's Army saved many lives by only treating the more seriously wounded first. Here, Richard Shotton explains how the same principle could save millions of modern marketing pounds.
Richard Shotton journeys back in time to the Second World War, where he says brands could learn a thing or two about data...
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- October ABCs: FT and Observer buck the trend as circulations drop
- September ABCs: newsbrand circulations begin slow recovery
- August ABCs: Newsbrand circulations plummet post-lockdown
- Five key takeouts from the latest PAMCo release for newsbrands
- Five things you need to know from the latest PAMCo release for magazines
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks