ARCHIVE ▸ BOB WOOTTON
21 Nov 2019
The economy remains utterly constipated in the face of continuing and ever more desperate gambits to deliver or deny the 2016 referendum result, writes Bob Wootton. How does that impact adland?
The recent collapse of the world’s oldest travel company Thomas Cook resurfaces some old media issues, writes Bob Wootton. Plus: can you build a career by working flexibly?
17 Sep 2019
Bob Hoffman is right to call out agencies for their role in allowing a host of online advertising scandals to flourish - but it's not entirely their fault, writes Bob Wootton.
19 Aug 2019
Bob Wootton embraces a busier-than-usual summer with a look at the world's woes resting on adland’s shoulders, billboard frolics and the “miracle” of 5G.
16 Jul 2019
As the management consultants diversify to span most media agency services and beyond, things get very murky, writes Bob Wootton.
12 Jun 2019
Commercial TV's CRR has protected advertisers to the tune of several billion pounds - but the market has changed, and so too must the regulation. By Bob Wootton.
24 May 2019
For all the data at their fingertips, most advertisers are still far too dimly aware of what actually works for them, writes Bob Wootton. Plus: Just why is Goodstuff so good?
Advertisers hold the cards when it comes to reporting success - so how will we know if the great in-housing experiment has worked? Plus: ISBA's Dorchester headache and why Advertising Week Europe mystifies.
Bob Wootton looks at how adland corrupted one of its favourite buzzwords. Plus: Why we need a review into the value of media channels, and CRM forceably revisited.
27 Feb 2019
Bob Wootton assesses the global economic outlook and how it is impacting the media and advertising sectors closer to home. Plus: Why messing with the ABC is a big risk for publishers.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- October ABCs: FT and Observer buck the trend as circulations drop
- September ABCs: newsbrand circulations begin slow recovery
- August ABCs: Newsbrand circulations plummet post-lockdown
- Five key takeouts from the latest PAMCo release for newsbrands
- Five things you need to know from the latest PAMCo release for magazines
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks