ARCHIVE ▸ BOB WOOTTON
The recent collapse of the world’s oldest travel company Thomas Cook resurfaces some old media issues, writes Bob Wootton. Plus: can you build a career by working flexibly?
17 Sep 2019
Bob Hoffman is right to call out agencies for their role in allowing a host of online advertising scandals to flourish - but it's not entirely their fault, writes Bob Wootton.
19 Aug 2019
Bob Wootton embraces a busier-than-usual summer with a look at the world's woes resting on adland’s shoulders, billboard frolics and the “miracle” of 5G.
16 Jul 2019
As the management consultants diversify to span most media agency services and beyond, things get very murky, writes Bob Wootton.
12 Jun 2019
Commercial TV's CRR has protected advertisers to the tune of several billion pounds - but the market has changed, and so too must the regulation. By Bob Wootton.
24 May 2019
For all the data at their fingertips, most advertisers are still far too dimly aware of what actually works for them, writes Bob Wootton. Plus: Just why is Goodstuff so good?
Advertisers hold the cards when it comes to reporting success - so how will we know if the great in-housing experiment has worked? Plus: ISBA's Dorchester headache and why Advertising Week Europe mystifies.
Bob Wootton looks at how adland corrupted one of its favourite buzzwords. Plus: Why we need a review into the value of media channels, and CRM forceably revisited.
27 Feb 2019
Bob Wootton assesses the global economic outlook and how it is impacting the media and advertising sectors closer to home. Plus: Why messing with the ABC is a big risk for publishers.
23 Jan 2019
Bob Wootton challenges an advertiser seeking to restore brand saliency to use an 'old fashioned' media plan - if only to settle an industry-wide argument. Plus: understanding trading disputes.
The Media Leader bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Five key takeouts from the consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: Mens Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABCs: TV Listings
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q4 2021: Digital nears 2/3 of all UK radio listening
- Rajar Q4 2021: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2021: BBC2 Breakfast keeps top spot
- Rajar Q3 2021: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q3 2021: Breakfast markets