ARCHIVE ▸ BOB WOOTTON
From thoughtless and hectoring advertising on TV to the negative impact of an overly heavy ad load on the online experience, it's time the industry got its house in order.
How should the ad industry vote on May 7? Bob Wootton, director of media and advertising at ISBA, tells us which box he'll be ticking.
01 Apr 2015
Ad Week is clearly here to stay - but it won't reach the next level unless it can attract a vital but missing constituency, says ISBA's Bob Wootton. So what does it need to do?
03 Mar 2015
Auditing might still have a place in the UK media sector, but it's not set for growth, writes ISBA's Bob Wootton.
With resurgent volatility, ISBA's Bob Wootton asks if our trading systems are sufficiently agile to cope.
22 Dec 2014
As the year closes ISBA's Bob Wootton joins the many seasonal cliché-mongers and offers some thoughts hopes for the year ahead.
Just because we can put advertising everywhere doesn't mean that we should, says ISBA's Bob Wootton.
21 Oct 2014
Companies spend millions building and protecting their brands, but then ruin it all with terrible customer service, laments ISBA's Bob Wootton.
Any agency that is asked to accept greatly delayed payment terms is effectively being asked to bankroll its client, writes ISBA's Bob Wootton. Is this a growing trend we should be worried about?
There's no apparent regard for the fact that a number of industry sources, including TGI, UKOM and RAJAR, are calibrated against the NRS population survey. If we kill the NRS much could fall apart, writes ISBA's Bob Wootton.
The Media Leader bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Five key takeouts from the consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: Mens Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABCs: TV Listings
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q4 2021: Digital nears 2/3 of all UK radio listening
- Rajar Q4 2021: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2021: BBC2 Breakfast keeps top spot
- Rajar Q3 2021: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q3 2021: Breakfast markets