David Pidgeon was editor between 2012 and July 2020.
After almost eight years in the post, Mediatel News' editor steps down this week with a parting message to readers, and news of a well-deserved promotion.
01 Jul 2020
Mediatel Events is asking which media organisations are willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with us on July 14 when we stream our second Future of Diversity event, as we launch a new charity sponsorship model.
26 Jun 2020
Why does adland foster such misunderstandings about the aspirations of the wider public?
Bad news for those working in advertising: a new study from publisher Reach Solutions has revealed that industry professionals do not understand the aspirations of the mainstream public.
11 Jun 2020
ESI Media’s flagship brands are to pool their ad inventory into the Ozone Project, a collaborative effort to make it easier for advertisers to buy premium publisher audiences with a single buying point.
05 Jun 2020
Three-quarters of those aged 18-34 say their household is watching more TV and streaming services. Among those aged 55 and over, half have seen an increase in their consumption.
04 Jun 2020
Out-of-home adtech business Hivestack has announced its UK launch this week with an expanded sales and operations team to tackle the world's fourth largest outdoor ad market.
04 Jun 2020
56 Black Men, the long-running campaign to challenge negative racial stereotypes, has launched a new nationwide out-of-home campaign in collaboration with Clear Channel.
04 Jun 2020
As out-of-home advertising continues to embrace new digital capabilities, the sector's trade body, Outsmart, and the IPA's outdoor specialists have announced the publication of a programmatic direct trading standard.
03 Jun 2020
Snapchat shows further support for the growing e-commerce market with the launch of dynamic product ads.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks