Former Campaign editor and editorial director, Dominic Mills writes the weekly 'Mills on Monday' column for Mediatel's Newsline. He regularly chairs conferences for Mediatel and other organisations, including ISBA and the IAB, hosts video shows, and is a consultant editor for the IPA and the Content Marketing Association. He advises agencies and various industry bodies, and occasionally works with content agencies on pitches. In previous lives (and before his beard went grey), he was once a financial journalist for Euromoney and then Reuters. He has also been a group editor for Redwood, and wrote a weekly column on advertising and media for the Daily Telegraph.
19 Oct 2020
Dominic Mills looks at trends emerging from this year's IPA Effectiveness Awards and why he may head to Dunelm for a sofa in the New Year.
12 Oct 2020
Why is Vodafone the UK's most valuable brand? And why does Spotify think Dominic Mills could be a teacher in his mid-20s?
05 Oct 2020
Dominic Mills argues for the revival of three of advertising's dying arts: the power of three, the power of rhyme, and the copy-heavy TV ad.
21 Sep 2020
Dominic Mills reaches for his Farrow & Ball colour chart as he considers skin tones, Elephant's Breath and what it all means for industry awards.
14 Sep 2020
Dominic Mills debates a Christmas dilemma, and it’s not just which five people to invite over for lunch.
Dominic Mills offers other ways of looking at the ageism debate
01 Sep 2020
Dominic Mills considers whether John Lewis should replace its awkward, now-shelved slogan, and if it might be time to sell his shares in WPP.
24 Aug 2020
Dominic Mills runs the rule over CMO priorities, learns a new language and squirms at Ben & Jerry’s social antics.
10 Aug 2020
If advertising is the developed economy’s canary in the coal mine, when will she start singing again? asks Dominic Mills
03 Aug 2020
Dominic Mills assesses what life may look like once a return to the office environment ensues.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- September ABCs: newsbrand circulations begin slow recovery
- August ABCs: Newsbrand circulations plummet post-lockdown
- Five key takeouts from the latest PAMCo release for newsbrands
- Five things you need to know from the latest PAMCo release for magazines
- Magazine ABCs: market round-up
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks