ARCHIVE ▸ DOMINIC MILLS
09 Mar 2020
Genuine efforts to deliver brand purpose are being sullied by charlatans, writes Dominic Mills.
02 Mar 2020
From dealing with dysfunctional supply chains and outdated measurement, to ditching the cynicism about purpose or quantifying creativity, Dominic Mills shares his take-outs from ISBA's annual conference.
What has always been Coke’s brand positioning has now morphed into today’s must-have 'brand purpose' - and the business has fallen victim to the fad.
17 Feb 2020
From the sceptical to the positive, Dominic Mills offers different interpretations of ITV's recent invite to buy airtime. Plus: Why the turnover rate of Culture Secretaries is no laughing matter.
10 Feb 2020
The real test of GDPR will be less about the level or number of fines enacted as the number of breaches reported, writes Dominic Mills.
03 Feb 2020
Why draw the line at just banning fossil fuel companies, writes Dominic Mills in his critique of The Guardian's decision.
27 Jan 2020
With its sales slowing and share price dropping, the creative pitch for Fever-Tree will be a fascinating test for advertising, writes Dominic Mills.
It's often an unfashionable idea, but Dominic Mills shows that combining the best of new and old media strategy really does deliver. Plus: The joy of the portmanteau.
The idea that adland can collectively change the world is growing. But any impact it can make is right at the margins, argues Dominic Mills.
06 Jan 2020
Sifting through the available evidence, Dominic Mills forecasts the biggest changes to impact media and advertising this year.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks