ARCHIVE ▸ DOMINIC MILLS
11 Mar 2019
The Unilever CMO has made admirable public promises to clean-up parts of adland - but remains strangely tight-lipped about any progress, writes Dominic Mills.
04 Mar 2019
An ad-free streaming service co-funded by ITV isn’t going to do advertisers any favours, writes Dominic Mills. Plus: how to cut through the brand purpose white noise.
Havas' preposterous 'meaningful brands' report has no real world meaning, writes Dominic Mills. Plus: an alternative view on why the competition regulator is investigating Global’s Exterion deal.
18 Feb 2019
There are metaphorical rooms where we store information about brands - and Dominic Mills is taking a bulldozer to one of his. Plus: if TV ad exposure amongst younger viewers is declining, where else could advertisers go?
11 Feb 2019
A debate raging between Thinkbox and Ebiquity has a level of rigour and intellectual honesty that is good for the industry, writes Dominic Mills. Plus: Magnetic comes out guns blazing, and a new wave of tech obfuscation.
04 Feb 2019
A new report shows a public crisis of trust caused by a host of advertising sins. Dominic Mills picks them apart in the search for a cure. Plus: Facebook regulation and a Super Bowl alternative.
The Body Shop transforming its stores into activist hubs is a form of brand purpose Dominic Mills actually approves of. Plus: Steve Hatch's grilling, and Centaur Marketing's bizarre rebrand.
Gillette's adoption of purpose is the last resort of a desperate marketing department, writes Dominic Mills
14 Jan 2019
Dominic Mills assesses adland's often uncomfortable diversity issues. Plus: sifting through the post-Christmas advertising detritus, and bracing for further out-of-home M&A activity.
07 Jan 2019
From agency regeneration to the language of contempt, and Sorrell's thirst for revenge to adspend virtue signalling, Dominic Mills shares his views on the year ahead.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks