ARCHIVE ▸ DOMINIC MILLS
In his final column for 2018, Dominic Mills looks at last week's most interesting events: WPP's creative overhaul; the failure of Oath, and the CAP's new rules on gender stereotyping.
Dominic Mills assesses the strategies broadcasters must deploy to thwart a host of threats. Plus: Can WPP unveil a showstopper?
Ahead of this week's Future TV Advertising Forum, and with a hefty new GroupM report by his side, Dominic Mills outlines the most important issues now facing the television industry.
26 Nov 2018
There are times when the industry gives the impression it is ashamed of what it does, writes Dominic Mills - but it should lift its head and look at the bigger picture. Plus: how Artefact is embracing geekiness with pride.
Dominic Mills is perplexed as to why some brands feel the need to indulge in Christmas ads, while those that should don't strike the right balance between brand and activation.
05 Nov 2018
The key figures for some social media platforms show costs are up while engagement is down - so why are advertisers choosing to ride it out, asks Dominic Mills. Plus: an estate agent’s wet dream, and annoying headlines.
The ease of hiring low-cost freelancers is fuelling the rise of in-housing - but what is this doing to the quality and effectiveness of the work? Plus: Engine breaks down its old model and rebuilds something new.
22 Oct 2018
Thanks to a forensic examination by Les Binet and Peter Field, the ad industry now has a good hold on the ideal balance between short-term performance marketing and longer-term brand-building.
Karmarama says the ‘customer’ is dead - too bad its parent company thinks the opposite, writes Dominic Mills. Plus: a bonanza beckons for OOH’s long tail, while the IPA Effectiveness Awards prove that TV still rules.
Yes, this is one of those columns; a selection of stuff that has caught my eye, got me irritated and made me smile. Here we go...
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks