ARCHIVE ▸ NICK MANNING
The enduring power of live sport is crucial to linear TV, but some commercial broadcasters seem determined to make it unwatchable, writes Nick Manning.
Nick Manning has plied his trade in advertising, yet he remains convinced that the BBC plays a key role in maintaining a healthy commercial television market.
12 Jun 2019
As economies stagnate and advertising’s standing hits a low ebb, there has never been a better time for adland to solve its problems together.
22 May 2019
In his first regular column for Mediatel, Nick Manning explains how mobile is causing trouble for the entire advertising industry - and what can be done to make it stop.
14 Aug 2018
Customer experience can reinforce brand promises, writes Nick Manning - and here is an outstanding case study to prove it.
TV advertising is still a powerful way to sell product, writes Nick Manning - but change is coming and advertisers and their agencies must move to update decades-old working practices.
27 Sep 2016
Last week was a tumultuous one for the ad industry, writes Ebiquity's Nick Manning - and the consequences could be monumental.
28 Jun 2010
Media agencies are struggling to invest in the services clients really need thanks to their post-war business model. Nick Manning, chief operating officer at Billetts, explains why they should change their ways and how clients would benefit...
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks