ARCHIVE ▸ NICK MANNING
25 Feb 2020
From advertisers and agencies, to the many intermediaries in-between, it is the job of individual companies to finally take action, writes Nick Manning.
If social media failed to sell Labour, despite its blanket presence and big numbers, the same could be true for brands, writes Nick Manning.
25 Nov 2019
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas could be a disappointment for brands this year, writes Nick Manning.
15 Oct 2019
‘Brand experience’ currently sits in a silo and is often articulated through tactical means - when it should drive all aspects of consumer influence.
17 Sep 2019
Why do the fake ads that con platform users out of serious money seem not to concern our industry, asks Nick Manning.
The enduring power of live sport is crucial to linear TV, but some commercial broadcasters seem determined to make it unwatchable, writes Nick Manning.
Nick Manning has plied his trade in advertising, yet he remains convinced that the BBC plays a key role in maintaining a healthy commercial television market.
12 Jun 2019
As economies stagnate and advertising’s standing hits a low ebb, there has never been a better time for adland to solve its problems together.
22 May 2019
In his first regular column for Mediatel, Nick Manning explains how mobile is causing trouble for the entire advertising industry - and what can be done to make it stop.
14 Aug 2018
Customer experience can reinforce brand promises, writes Nick Manning - and here is an outstanding case study to prove it.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- October ABCs: FT and Observer buck the trend as circulations drop
- September ABCs: newsbrand circulations begin slow recovery
- August ABCs: Newsbrand circulations plummet post-lockdown
- Five key takeouts from the latest PAMCo release for newsbrands
- Five things you need to know from the latest PAMCo release for magazines
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks