Raymond is a highly regarded writer and media consultant. He has written columns for The Independent and was media editor of The Times for seven years. Before moving to The Times he was a reporter on the FT for 19 years, covering media and communication issues. His television credits include eight years as the BBC’s NewsWatch presenter.
21 Oct 2020
Ray Snoddy details the U.S Justice Department’s lawsuit against ‘the unchallenged gateway of the Internet’
Which side of the Barrington debate should newspapers stand? Ray Snoddy assesses the moral responsibility of the press
The annual Journalism Matters campaign is taking place this week. Ray Snoddy looks at the issues, the threats and what should be done
30 Sep 2020
Channel 4’s American voting data scoop wins high praise from Ray Snoddy as he stays up late to watch the first U.S Presidential debate
23 Sep 2020
Raymond Snoddy judges the award for top U-turn newspaper of the year.
Ray Snoddy runs through the numbers published in the BBC’s Annual Report and what it means for the future of the public service broadcaster.
09 Sep 2020
Ray Snoddy looks at the ongoing battle between the Australian government and the tech giants.
02 Sep 2020
With two potential news channels waiting in the wings, Ray Snoddy ponders if Mark Thompson should have been careful what he wished for
Ray Snoddy wades into the Rule Britannia row, reminding Tim Davie what awaits him as BBC director-general.
19 Aug 2020
Is there a growing intolerance of views that don’t fit a newspaper’s agenda? And are the fine lines of acceptability growing ever finer? Ray Snoddy reports.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- September ABCs: newsbrand circulations begin slow recovery
- August ABCs: Newsbrand circulations plummet post-lockdown
- Five key takeouts from the latest PAMCo release for newsbrands
- Five things you need to know from the latest PAMCo release for magazines
- Magazine ABCs: market round-up
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks