Raymond is a highly regarded writer and media consultant. He has written columns for The Independent and was media editor of The Times for seven years. Before moving to The Times he was a reporter on the FT for 19 years, covering media and communication issues. His television credits include eight years as the BBC’s NewsWatch presenter.
28 Jul 2021
Attempts to track down the Matt Hancock whistleblower and prosecute journalists for embarrassing the Government would create a legal minefield, warns Raymond Snoddy
21 Jul 2021
With the arrival of Nigel Farage at GB News, Raymond Snoddy looks at what could happen with a further lurch to the right
14 Jul 2021
Raymond Snoddy looks at whether an important line has been crossed by a BBC non-executive director
07 Jul 2021
Raymond Snoddy assesses the media responses to England reaching another semi-final of a major tournament
30 Jun 2021
Raymond Snoddy highlights Boris Johnson's latest loose acquaintance with the truth, at long last challenged by the right-wing press
23 Jun 2021
Streaming platforms have an unfair advantage, but much of the Government's white paper on regulating them is wrong-headed.
16 Jun 2021
Ray Snoddy provides his thoughts on the first few days of GB News programming
09 Jun 2021
Raymond Snoddy salutes the UK broadcasters for evolving US product CFlight as a compelling tool for TV advertisers.
Raymond Snoddy points out the folly behind a resurgent threat to sell-off Channel 4
26 May 2021
Raymond Snoddy reveals how his own experience of presenting Newswatch, shows how BBC executives respond to crises
Mediatel News bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- March ABCs: A better month for the dailies
- February ABCs: a steadier month
- Five key takeouts from the latest consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Men's Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Weeklies
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- How well do you really know the UK podcast market?
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks