ARCHIVE ▸ RAYMOND SNODDY
Many believe UK broadcasters and their production arms should do business with the the big American tech companies - but it makes it rather tricky for them to bite the hand that feeds, writes Raymond Snoddy.
12 Sep 2018
We are routinely and rightly exercised by the politics of equality - but poor old ageism, so far as the media and communications industries are concerned, gets pushed down the emotional pecking order, writes Raymond Snoddy.
05 Sep 2018
From an all-female line-up causing a stir, to a surprise on-air resignation, the world of broadcasting is witnessing some interesting changes, writes Raymond Snoddy.
Despite echoes of Trump and some crazy proposals, there is still a large measure of sense in Corbyn's ideas to transform the UK's "failing" media, writes Raymond Snoddy.
As Twitter's executives wring their hands about the meaning of 'dehumanising speech' and insist they want to be good citizens, the patience of governments and regulators seems to be running out, writes Raymond Snoddy.
The "enemies of the people" slur against journalists is growing dangerous, writes Raymond Snoddy - what's the endgame?
From inviting neo-Nazis on to news shows to the BBC's problem of achieving balance, there is a worrying trend of extreme views being elevated by broadcast media, writes Raymond Snoddy.
As Facebook takes a multi-billion dollar kicking, print ad revenue for newsbrands has increased for the first time in seven years. Is this the start of something new, wonders Raymond Snoddy.
Following an attack by the Daily Mail this week, Raymond Snoddy looks at how the newspaper likes to scatter its own brand of malevolent fairy dust over facts.
It's sad that Sam Chisholm, the man who helped create the modern Sky, never got to hear the outcome of the great corporate media battle over what was once his baby, writes Raymond Snoddy. Plus: a dip in fortunes for Netflix.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks