ARCHIVE ▸ RAYMOND SNODDY
27 May 2020
The crisis posed by the pandemic has cruelly exposed the dilemmas both broadcasters face, writes Ray Snoddy.
20 May 2020
Now that gaming is mainstream and likely to show further growth during lockdown, the big question remains – is it an effective advertising medium?
13 May 2020
From ambiguous slogans to inept newspaper briefings, the government's new communications policies are in danger of costing lives, writes Ray Snoddy.
06 May 2020
Now is the time to deal with the long-known imperfections in the media and advertising world's automated systems, writes Ray Snoddy.
All the evidence now shows we are in the midst of a multi-headed public policy outrage that reaches back into the years of austerity, writes Ray Snoddy.
22 Apr 2020
Regulated TV and its advertising is likely to emerge with an enhanced reputation from the current crisis, writes Ray Snoddy.
15 Apr 2020
The real surprise about the government's daily COVID-19 briefings is the seeming inability of journalists to hold those in charge to account, writes Ray Snoddy.
08 Apr 2020
In celebration of The Future of Audio, Ray Snoddy looks at how radio has become more than just essential listening during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Should we really be ploughing ahead with a public consultation on the future of the BBC licence fee when society is being reshaped by a pandemic?
25 Mar 2020
A new book seeks to understand the often misunderstood relationship between Boris Johnson, the media and the EU referendum. Here, Ray Snoddy examines some of its most interesting moments of self-reflection.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks