ARCHIVE ▸ RAYMOND SNODDY
As broadcasts of sporting events and soaps face the chop, Ray Snoddy has a solution to help maintain the national spirit and keep the ad money flowing.
11 Mar 2020
From scoops to damaged businesses, Ray Snoddy looks at how coronavirus is impacting the media and advertising sectors.
The response of the media to the coronavirus threat will have to be carefully and accurately calibrated against the reality, writes Ray Snoddy. So how has it fared to date?
26 Feb 2020
Despite what many believe, the evidence shows traditional media is set to endure for the long-term, writes Ray Snoddy - and investors and policy makers should honour this fact.
19 Feb 2020
The Tory onslaught against the BBC is more than an attempt at cultural vandalism, writes Ray Snoddy - it's just plain nuts.
Raymond Snoddy asks if the Government's push for de-criminalisation of the BBC licence fee is motivated by malice or rational analysis.
05 Feb 2020
What happened to journalists at No 10 this week raises the hairs on the back of the neck - and has echoes of something far more serious from the past.
29 Jan 2020
In the years leading to Brexit national newspapers often indulged in political fantasy, writes Ray Snoddy. How will they behave once we finally do leave the EU?
22 Jan 2020
Only a candidate with the innovative skills of Galileo and the political artistry of Machiavelli has any hope of becoming the next director general of the BBC.
15 Jan 2020
Wilful disinformation and restricted access - tactics tried and tested in Trump's America - are now being deployed in the UK. Our media must resist.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
26 May 2020
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- January newspaper ABCs: another steady(ish) month
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks