ARCHIVE ▸ RAYMOND SNODDY
Raymond Snoddy asks if the Government's push for de-criminalisation of the BBC licence fee is motivated by malice or rational analysis.
05 Feb 2020
What happened to journalists at No 10 this week raises the hairs on the back of the neck - and has echoes of something far more serious from the past.
29 Jan 2020
In the years leading to Brexit national newspapers often indulged in political fantasy, writes Ray Snoddy. How will they behave once we finally do leave the EU?
22 Jan 2020
Only a candidate with the innovative skills of Galileo and the political artistry of Machiavelli has any hope of becoming the next director general of the BBC.
15 Jan 2020
Wilful disinformation and restricted access - tactics tried and tested in Trump's America - are now being deployed in the UK. Our media must resist.
After years of media disruption, it's time to set wrongs right with the power of truth, writes Raymond Snoddy.
18 Dec 2019
From ferocious video streaming wars to dwindling trust in advertising, or the growth of commercial radio to the BBC's annus horribilis, Ray Snoddy reviews a year in media.
11 Dec 2019
The story of four-year-old Jack Williment-Barr is a perfect symbol of what a serious local newspaper can do when that story is then amplified across the media - and how social media remains a double edged sword.
04 Dec 2019
If David Montgomery successfully takes ownership of JPI Media, his ambitions will only grow, writes Raymond Snoddy.
27 Nov 2019
Ray Snoddy has scoured the manifestos of the main parties to understand their positions on the media and creative industries. The scores are dreary.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks