ARCHIVE ▸ RAYMOND SNODDY
20 Nov 2019
Dame Carolyn McCall and Sir David Clementi have both warned for the need to reform legacy broadcast regulation. It's vital their warnings are heeded, writes Ray Snoddy.
13 Nov 2019
The appointment of the Financial Times' first female editor is part of a growing trend in media organisations, writes Raymond Snoddy. But does it signify a turning point?
06 Nov 2019
The general election campaign could turn out to be one of the most confrontational and dirty on record, writes Ray Snoddy.
30 Oct 2019
We need greater scepticism from political journalists and a willingness to name officials who deliberately mislead the public, writes Raymond Snoddy.
23 Oct 2019
Sky's decision to launch a news channel that ignores the biggest story in UK politics might sound appealing to many, but is wrong in principle and wrong in practice, writes Raymond Snoddy.
16 Oct 2019
The latest financial figures from the Daily Telegraph provide a decent snapshot of the latest state of play in a difficult art – with good news and bad, writes Raymond Snoddy.
With DMGT the current frontrunner to buy the i, Raymond Snoddy wonders what impact adding a non-partisan newsbrand could have on its existing titles.
02 Oct 2019
As the Duchess of Sussex sues the Mail on Sunday and Prince Harry launches an 'extraordinary' attack on the tabloid press, Raymond Snoddy asks if any of it is really justified.
Thanks to a claim in Cameron's memoirs, we now understand how the Government could have backed a most wretched policy on press freedom.
18 Sep 2019
Lord Hall's leaked speech is a long overdue fight-back, but will there really be such a resurgence for the BBC given the intensifying international competition it is about to face? By Ray Snoddy
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks