ARCHIVE ▸ RAYMOND SNODDY
The UK publishing industry operates a dual system that measures both audience reach and sales - is it time for a change? By Raymond Snoddy.
04 Sep 2019
As UK politics enters a new realm, two positive media trends have emerged, writes Raymond Snoddy.
28 Aug 2019
Raymond Snoddy examines new research that claims the long-running boycott of the pro-Brexit Sun newspaper helped cut Euroscepticism in Merseyside.
21 Aug 2019
UK broadcasters must play a cautious game if they want to stop viewers looking at the Netflix menu, writes Ray Snoddy.
14 Aug 2019
With scientific guidance, it's time senior editors stood back to think about how complex and longer-term global issues are reported, writes Raymond Snoddy.
07 Aug 2019
As Ofcom dubs the UK a "nation of streamers", Raymond Snoddy wonders who will win and who will lose in the upcoming battle against Netflix
31 Jul 2019
Another day, another Culture Secretary. As Nicky Morgan picks up the reins, Ray Snoddy outlines which of the industry's most pressing problems she should look at first.
24 Jul 2019
With a gaffe prone PM steering the country towards a no deal Brexit, what is usually the doldrums of the holiday season will now deliver stories by the bucket-load, writes Ray Snoddy
Too many purchasers of exclusive sports rights don't understand their long-term interests lie in a mixed economy of subscription and free-to-air TV, writes Ray Snoddy.
As Sir Kim Darroch resigns, Ray Snoddy looks at the nature of leaks - from the shocking and historic, to the necessary and dangerous.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks