ARCHIVE ▸ RAYMOND SNODDY
The government-led review into the future of UK news has its heart in the right place, writes Raymond Snoddy - but there is much missing to really remedy publisher misfortunes.
06 Feb 2019
In reaching millions of people around the world and reminding them of the high cost of a free press, The Washington Post has taken a very necessary action, writes Raymond Snoddy.
As advertiser money continues to flow towards increasingly toxic platforms, Raymond Snoddy wonders what it will take to see proper and ethical reform.
23 Jan 2019
Not so long ago analysts were predicting the death of radio. Oh, how they are now eating their words, writes Raymond Snoddy.
16 Jan 2019
Newsbrands will have to limber up for more flip-flops on their editorial lines, writes Raymond Snoddy as he surveys the media landscape during the chaos of Brexit.
09 Jan 2019
Clear all of the Brexit stuff out of the way and the fog begins to clear on the crystal ball, writes Raymond Snoddy as he looks at the year ahead in media.
02 Jan 2019
From the global rise of populism, to the failing economic models of established media, the flow of reliable information is under serious threat, writes Raymond Snoddy.
19 Dec 2018
By any standards the year that is passing has been a vintage one for media stories – sad, mad and bad.
12 Dec 2018
Just like British politics, our press is also hopelessly divided in trying to make sense of Brexit, writes Raymond Snoddy.
05 Dec 2018
Like all of us, the media must think beyond the short-term and start playing a bigger role in the fight against climate change, writes Raymond Snoddy
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks