ARCHIVE ▸ RAYMOND SNODDY
In holding Facebook to account, Damian Collins' 'Grand Committee' of lawmakers was a theatrical master-stroke - as was using one of the tricks of the broadcasting trade to highlight the non-appearance of Zuckerberg.
The best option would be to introduce means testing so that the elderly who really need a free licence fee get it, writes Ray Snoddy
14 Nov 2018
For the pro-Brexit press, events could leave them facing ever more extreme contortions to explain to their readers the difference between what was promised and the unfortunate reality.
Ofcom’s block on BBC iPlayer box-sets is a time-consuming distraction that ignores the real threat of Netflix, Amazon and Apple, writes Ray Snoddy.
How many high street chains will have to close, or local newspapers be driven to extinction, before anything meaningful is done to make the big tech firms pay fair tax, asks Ray Snoddy.
24 Oct 2018
As Sir Nick Clegg surprises everyone and joins Facebook, can the tech giant really lobby its way out of the hole it has dug itself into?
The purchase of Scotsman Publications in 2005 was seen at the time as the pinnacle of Johnston Press' achievement, writes Raymond Snoddy. Where did it all go wrong?
10 Oct 2018
As citizen newshounds crack one of the biggest stories of the year, Raymond Snoddy wonders if a new model for investigative journalism is ready to flourish.
03 Oct 2018
If Brexit negotiations continue to go badly and a solution to the Irish border issue remains elusive, what on earth will the Brexit cheerleading newspapers tell their readers, asks Ray Snoddy.
26 Sep 2018
Ray Snoddy outlines the winners and losers following Comcast's epic £30.6bn bid for Sky - and looks ahead to possible future deals.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- PAMCo: National newsbrand readership surged in run up to Covid-19
- PAMCo: magazine readership patterns reshaped by Covid-19
- March ABCs: The final pre-lockdown figures
- February ABCs: Circulation dips across all titles
- PAMCo: The Times leads strong newsbrand growth
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks