With the advent of UKOM Ipsos iris, Richard Marks looks at the precedents for handling a change in measurement
Common definitions of contact and the willingness of advertisers to directly fund measurement systems will determine the success of the WFA’s newly-announced Cross-Media initiative, argues Richard Marks.
17 Oct 2018
Why is the new Doctor Who such a hit and what can a 55 year old show tell us about the current direction of broadcasting? Research The Media’s Richard Marks investigates.
As the online measurement body approaches its tenth birthday, Richard Marks explains how it fits into the currency JICsaw.
02 Oct 2018
From Spotify analysing your musical mood to in-car facial recognition, is emotional targeting of advertising logical - or even ethical? Research the Media’s Richard Marks investigates.
Research The Media’s Richard Marks gets behind the Newsline turntables to count down the chart movers and shakers in the UK’s current top ten media buzzwords.
20 Oct 2017
With Nielsen about to release Netflix ratings estimates - against Netflix's wishes - Research The Media’s Richard Marks gets to the heart of the controversy.
Apple’s most recent product launch demonstrated the challenges the tech giant now faces, particularly when it comes to media. Research The Media’s Richard Marks is worried.
Research The Media’s Richard Marks tells Alexa why his Amazon Echo is going back in its box...for the time being, at least.
The collapse of the BBC Store has huge implications, writes Research the Media’s Richard Marks. How can broadcasters generate additional revenue from their content online?
The Media Leader bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Five key takeouts from the consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: Mens Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABCs: TV Listings
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2022: Digital surpasses two-thirds of all UK radio listening
- Rajar Q1 2022: BBC R2 and Heart remain top despite audience dips
- Rajar Q4 2021: Digital nears 2/3 of all UK radio listening
- Rajar Q4 2021: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2021: BBC2 Breakfast keeps top spot