25 Jul 2019
If you are the incumbent CMO or strategic advisor, when and how do you call time on a strategy and start again?
The current model of non-payment at industry events excludes a huge number of voices and opinions, writes Jan Gooding as she calls for a sector-wide rethink.
22 May 2019
The backlash against Audi for pulling its partnership with BBH into review is nonsense, writes Jan Gooding, as she explains why procurement is so valuable to clients.
25 Apr 2019
It’s not easy saying sorry and explaining what led you to make a poor decision, writes Jan Gooding - but doing so is an act of strength rather than weakness.
Spending time and money questioning the brief means better defined objectives - and subsequently stronger execution and fewer marketplace regrets, writes Jan Gooding.
The wrong-headed belief that it is the brand, not the company, that must be ‘purposeful’ is leading to some very odd advertising.
Kicking off her new monthly column for Mediatel Newsline, Jan Gooding looks at ways the pitching process can be changed to the benefit of both clients and agencies.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: TV Listings
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Weeklies
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- TV market round-up: June 2019
- TV market round-up: May 2019
- TV market round-up: April 2019
- TV market round-up: March 2019
- TV market round-up: February 2019
- Rajar Q2 2019: Analysis
- Rajar Q2 2019: Digital
- Rajar Q2 2019: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q2 2019: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q1 2019: Analysis