ARCHIVE ▸ BOB WOOTTON
Bob Wootton has spoken with major advertisers about their concerns for the future. Everyone should be worried.
16 Mar 2018
2018 is already shaping up to be a watershed year, writes Bob Wootton as he reviews adland's major talking points.
06 Feb 2018
Too often internal conflicts hamper any pan-industry attempts to lobby effectively, writes Bob Wootton - but there is a new opportunity to fight harder.
19 Dec 2017
As advertisers, regulators and governments take serious interest in their behaviour, Bob Wootton argues that 2018 could be a watershed year for Google and Facebook.
21 Nov 2017
There are parallels between the beleaguered UK government and media agencies, writes Bob Wootton. Is it time to expect some older-world leadership from new leaders?
Adland still has huge issues and risks to be defused, but there's every reason to finally feel optimistic, writes Bob Wootton.
The tech behemoths are endemically dismissive of the responsibilities they hold to their advertisers, writes Bob Wootton. Is that all about to change?
Bob Wootton examines the driving forces that have led to a rare joint call from the bodies representing agencies and clients over data accountability.
31 May 2017
Despite growing and persistent problems, why are brand owners still in such thrall to Google and Facebook, asks Bob Wootton.
02 May 2017
As with the case of media agency Goodstuff, thank goodness yet more top talent is now truly independent and able to raise capital and invest according to their own visions, writes Bob Wootton.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
17 Jan 2020
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- December ABCs: another steady month
- November ABCs: a reasonably steady month
- PAMCo: Top magazine titles continue to grow brand reach
- PAMCo: UK newsbrands 'comfortably ahead of Facebook'
- October ABCs: Circulation drops across majority of titles
- Can you feel the love tonight?
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- Rajar Q3 2019: Analysis
- Rajar Q3 2019: Digital
- Rajar Q3 2019: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q3 2019: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q2 2019: Analysis