Working at Mediatel
We are the UK media industry's number one destination for media data, planning tools, market insight, news and conferences. Our client base covers the media and advertising industry from media owners and media agencies to TV tech companies and creative agencies.
We are an established but forward thinking company that believes in a welcoming, fun, relaxed working environment. Our emphasis is on teamwork, development, respect and great customer service. Most jobs are advertised internally first and we have a very high staff retention rate.
We like people who continue to learn, so whether you prefer traditional courses, online learning or any other means, Mediatel will support your advancement.
We are located on the Strand, only a couple of minutes' walk from Covent Garden so we are perfectly positioned for great cafés, pubs, restaurants and shops and we have excellent transport links. If you prefer to cycle, there's room for your bike. Our profitable business is well-established but privately owned — and highly respected with the media industry. Join us to be part of the continuing journey!
- Content Producer Mediatel Events / Mediatel News Editor
- J-ET Client Services and Software Support Executive
- Competitive salary
- Private health cover
- Permanent health insurance (income protection)
- Pension scheme
- Travel insurance
- Up to 25 days holiday
- Season ticket loan
- Training opportunities
- Writing engaging and original news stories, features and analysis for Mediatel News
- Editing and curating content from both current and future columnists, as well as managing the pitch process for new submissions from guest writers
- Working with our events team to produce outstanding agendas and generate new ideas for events
- Attending and reporting on our conferences, roundtables and other industry events
- Interviewing industry contacts
- Supporting the sales team with a strong editorial proposition that maintains advertiser interest
- Working with commercial teams to write conference agendas that attract and maintain sponsors
- Building up Mediatel’s profile in the wider media and marketing industry
- Building up contacts and maintaining existing industry relationships
- Managing the content team and working with the Mediatel tech team to ensure regular output of all content
- Responsible for overall quality control on the look and content of all Mediatel News output (www, email, social)
- A passion for leading your chosen subject/market and a willingness to immerse yourself in its content
- Brilliant copywriting and editing skills
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly with strong one-one and phone interviewing skills
- Ability to research and generate new ideas to be used both editorially and at conferences
- An eye for detail
- Open to learning and transferring knowledge to readers and audiences
- Building relationships with media and creative agencies, sales houses, media owners & broadcasters; incorporating all aspects of client servicing across all forms of communication.
- Day to day support of J-ET helpdesk. Ensuring that all helpdesk calls and incoming emails are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Develop effective presentation skills to deliver J-ET training sessions for client users as virtual and face-to-face experiences.
- Updating, refining and creating J-ET presentation and training documentation as needed.
- Sending of regular client reports.
- Support manager with identifying and targeting new business opportunities for J-ET in order to meet targets set.
- Gather customer information to determine issues by evaluating and analysing reported symptoms.
- Replicate customer-reported issues, capturing necessary information per standard processes.
- Identify and escalate priority issues; directing cases to appropriate teams and resources as needed.
- Report software bugs/faults, liaise with developers and conduct testing to ensure these are resolved.
- Monitor support calls, recording repeat requests or issues to help prioritise software development and fixes.
- Involvement in the testing of new product development and enhancements.
- Support the team in maintaining J-ET databases and analysis of data.
- 18 months experience in the radio industry.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, some experience of working with data.
- 1+ year relevant client services/software support experience.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritise and problem solving skills essential.
- Strong customer service skills and confident telephone manner essential.
- Strong communication skills including excellent listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Ability to explain technical and/or process-heavy information in terms to non-technical end users.
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
Opportunity: Content Producer Mediatel Events / Mediatel News Editor
Location: Mediatel Events, Burleigh House, 357 Strand, WC2R 0HS Remuneration: Competitive
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone that wants to make a name for themselves in one of the most interesting markets anywhere, with the freedom to lead publishing output for a highly respected title.
Mediatel Group is looking for a conference producer and news editor to supply both its conferences and news platform with brilliant content, focused on the exciting media, marketing and advertising marketplace.
The role will require you to source, investigate and write news stories, analysis and features for Mediatel News, as well as manage pitches from guest writers and maintain strong relationships with a roster of regular columnists.
Additionally, our events business requires fresh ideas, engaging agendas, marketing support and editorial coverage to support its regular conferences. Most of the content you deliver will relate to the television, digital, publishing, radio and out-of-home markets.
Reporting to the Head of Mediatel Events, and based in our central London offices, key responsibilities include:
A proven ability to write clear and engaging copy is an absolute must, and a strong understanding of the marketing, advertising and media industry is key.
Please apply in writing to Julie Wheals, HR Consultant email@example.com or drop us a line if you want any more information about the role.
Opportunity: J-ET Client Services and Software Support Executive
J-ET, the UK Radio industry’s Online Trading System has an excellent opportunity for a bright, analytical and numerical Client Service and Software Support Executive to support the busy help desk team on all aspects of the system.
For further information on J-ET, its role within the Radio Industry and the exciting future that lies ahead for the product within the ever-changing media landscape; click here: J-ET
This is a perfect role for a hardworking individual to work within a lively and dedicated team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
A Team Player with:
Educated to graduate level with GCSEs in Maths and English Language grade C or above.
The recruitment process be run remotely and include interviews and mock presentation.
Please apply in writing with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strictly no agencies