Working at Mediatel
We are the UK media industry's number one destination for media data, planning tools, market insight, news and conferences. Our client base covers the media and advertising industry from media owners and media agencies to TV tech companies and creative agencies.
We are an established but forward thinking company that believes in a welcoming, fun, relaxed working environment. Our emphasis is on teamwork, development, respect and great customer service. Most jobs are advertised internally first and we have a very high staff retention rate.
We like people who continue to learn, so whether you prefer traditional courses, online learning or any other means, Mediatel will support your advancement.
We are located on the Strand, only a couple of minutes' walk from Covent Garden so we are perfectly positioned for great cafés, pubs, restaurants and shops and we have excellent transport links. If you prefer to cycle, there's room for your bike. Our profitable business is well-established but privately owned — and highly respected with the media industry. Join us to be part of the continuing journey!
Opportunity : Content Producer Mediatel Events / Mediatel News Editor
Location : Mediatel Events, Burleigh House, 357 Strand, WC2R 0HS Remuneration : Competitive
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone that wants to make a name for themselves in one of the most interesting markets anywhere, with the freedom to lead publishing output for a highly respected title.
Mediatel Group is looking for a conference producer and news editor to supply both its conferences and news platform with brilliant content, focused on the exciting media, marketing and advertising marketplace.
The role will require you to source, investigate and write news stories, analysis and features for Mediatel News, as well as manage pitches from guest writers and maintain strong relationships with a roster of regular columnists.
Additionally, our events business requires fresh ideas, engaging agendas, marketing support and editorial coverage to support its regular conferences. Most of the content you deliver will relate to the television, digital, publishing, radio and out-of-home markets.
Reporting to the Head of Mediatel Events, and based in our central London offices, key responsibilities include:
- Writing engaging and original news stories, features and analysis for Mediatel News
- Editing and curating content from both current and future columnists, as well as managing the pitch process for new submissions from guest writers
- Working with our events team to produce outstanding agendas and generate new ideas for events
- Attending and reporting on our conferences, roundtables and other industry events
- Interviewing industry contacts
- Supporting the sales team with a strong editorial proposition that maintains advertiser interest
- Working with commercial teams to write conference agendas that attract and maintain sponsors
- Building up Mediatel’s profile in the wider media and marketing industry
- Building up contacts and maintaining existing industry relationships
- Managing the content team and working with the Mediatel tech team to ensure regular output of all content
- Responsible for overall quality control on the look and content of all Mediatel News output (www, email, social)
- A passion for leading your chosen subject/market and a willingness to immerse yourself in its content
- Brilliant copywriting and editing skills
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly with strong one-one and phone interviewing skills
- Ability to research and generate new ideas to be used both editorially and at conferences
- An eye for detail
- Open to learning and transferring knowledge to readers and audiences
A proven ability to write clear and engaging copy is an absolute must, and a strong understanding of the marketing, advertising and media industry is key.
Please apply in writing to Julie Wheals, HR Consultant email@example.com or drop us a line if you want any more information about the role.
- Competitive salary
- Private health cover
- Permanent health insurance (income protection)
- Pension scheme
- Travel insurance
- Up to 25 days holiday
- Season ticket loan
- Training opportunities