Working at Mediatel
We are the UK media industry's number one destination for media data, planning tools, market insight, news and conferences. Our client base covers the media and advertising industry from media owners and media agencies to TV tech companies and creative agencies.
We are an established but forward thinking company that believes in a welcoming, fun, relaxed working environment. Our emphasis is on teamwork, development, respect and great customer service. Most jobs are advertised internally first and we have a very high staff retention rate.
We like people who continue to learn, so whether you prefer traditional courses, online learning or any other means, Mediatel will support your advancement.
We are located on the Strand, only a couple of minutes' walk from Covent Garden so we are perfectly positioned for great cafés, pubs, restaurants and shops and we have excellent transport links. If you prefer to cycle, there's room for your bike. Our profitable business is well-established but privately owned — and highly respected with the media industry. Join us to be part of the continuing journey!
- Competitive salary
- Private health cover
- Permanent health insurance (income protection)
- Pension scheme
- Travel insurance
- Up to 25 days holiday
- Season ticket loan
- Training opportunities
- Working with our events team to produce outstanding agendas and generate new ideas for events
- Attending and reporting on our conferences, roundtables and other industry events
- Interviewing industry contacts
- Supporting the sales team with a strong editorial proposition that maintains advertiser interest
- Writing engaging and original news stories, features and analysis for Mediatel News
- Editing and curating content from both current and future columnists, as well as managing the pitch process for new submissions from guest writers
- Building up contacts and maintaining existing industry relationships
- Immerse yourself in the media & advertising sectors we cover and develop a strong grasp of its workings and issues
- Write about technology and business strategy issues
- Help research, curate and write conference agendas
- Help identify and acquire speakers for our conferences
- Ensure two-way dialogue and a positive, proactive relationship with the sales team
- Build and nurture relationships within the industry we cover
- Produce a range of press release, interview-based and conference-based news/feature stories
- Project manage editorial projects including reports and round-tables
- Help create/drive the editorial agenda on our TV-focused B2B title Videonet
- Upload website content, source photos and help with similar editorial assistance
- Contribute to marketing materials, where required
- Attend industry events, including overseas travel
- Be one of the faces for our magazine and events (ambassador)
- The ability to understand and communicate complex ideas clearly
- Good interviewing and great writing skills
- An interest in technology and business
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- A confident, outgoing and friendly manner
- A can-do attitude to work, and the ability to work under pressure
- A willingness to work flexibly in order to meet deadlines
- A strong commitment to teamwork
- A willingness to occasionally travel for work.
- Very strong support from an experienced and friendly team
- Realistic expectations on what you must achieve and when
- Super-friendly company with good work-social environment
- Great prospects at a leading, and fast-growing, events/publishing business
- Varied work across an interesting and dynamic market sector
Opportunity: News Reporter / Conference Producer
This is a hybrid role of News Reporter and Conference Producer, where you will be expected to supply both its conferences and news platform with brilliant content.
The role will require you to source, investigate and write news stories, analysis and features for Mediatel News, with a strong emphasis on focusing on the themes and insights from our event series.
Additionally, our events business requires fresh ideas, engaging agendas, marketing support, speaker recruitment and editorial coverage to support its regular conferences.
Mediatel News has been published since the early 1990s and has a formidable line-up of writers serving over 27,000 readers each month. Its editorial offering includes daily news, analysis and opinion alongside regular in-depth features and industry profiles.
The platform has a UK focus; however it is read the world over and is funded via advertising revenues, partner content and its role supporting Mediatel Events, plus working alongside our sister publication Videonet.
Mediatel Events produces 26 global conferences a year focused on all media channels and form part of our Future Of series for TV, Audio, OOH, Publishing Gaming, Brands and Diversity. Our flagship event The Future of TV Advertising takes place in Toronto, Sydney, Amsterdam, Manchester, and a global version in London. We are looking to launch our events into new territories as well as expanding on the new digital series of events we launched during lockdown.
The in-house editorial team is small – this role and a News Editor. However, it has a line-up of regular commentators – including Dominic Mills (ex-Campaign), Raymond Snoddy (ex-BBC and FT) and Jan Gooding (ex-Stonewall chair and well-known brand marketer) – and regularly publishers guest op-eds from industry leaders. It publishes three newsletters each week, serving 14,000+ subscribers.
Reporting to the Head of Mediatel Events, and based in our central London offices, key responsibilities include:
You will be expected to:
You will need:
You will get:
The recruitment process be run remotely.
Please apply in writing with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strictly no agencies