Working at Mediatel
We are the UK media industry's number one destination for media data, planning tools, market insight, news and conferences. Our client base covers the media and advertising industry from media owners and media agencies to TV tech companies and creative agencies.
We are an established but forward thinking company that believes in a welcoming, fun, relaxed working environment. Our emphasis is on teamwork, development, respect and great customer service. Most jobs are advertised internally first and we have a very high staff retention rate.
We like people who continue to learn, so whether you prefer traditional courses, online learning or any other means, Mediatel will support your advancement.
We are located on the Strand, only a couple of minutes' walk from Covent Garden so we are perfectly positioned for great cafés, pubs, restaurants and shops and we have excellent transport links. If you prefer to cycle, there's room for your bike. Our profitable business is well-established but privately owned — and highly respected with the media industry. Join us to be part of the continuing journey!
Apply today by sending a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive salary
- Private health cover
- Permanent health insurance (income protection)
- Pension scheme
- Travel insurance
- Up to 25 days holiday
- Season ticket loan
- Training opportunities
PHP DeveloperReports to: Lead Developer/ Head of Technology
Location: 357 Strand
We are looking for a PHP Developer to join our development team in central London; someone to work across our range of web products and client websites. Your focus will be on creating new features for our flagship media-data analytics web product: lots of business logic and database-centred work, but with front-end and non-web process challenges too.
We work closely as a team – sharing the successes and challenges of the work daily to ensure we are all learning from each other. There’ll always be the opportunity to broaden and improve your technical skill set, alongside a real chance to learn about the workings of the UK media industry (Mediatel are superbly positioned within this space). The team has a range of expertise: not just coders, but also creatives, business, data analysts and automated testers.
You will be working as part of an experienced team: creating solutions, solving problems and learning together.
These are the tools we use. We need someone really expert with 3-5 years’ experience ideally within an SME environment using these tools:
- We operate on a LEMP stack, with some use of SQL Server and Postgres (PostGIS) too.
- We use a variety of frameworks ranging from Zend Framework 1 to more modern Symfony and Expressive codebases.
- On the front end, we’re mostly vanilla JS and jQuery – we’ve had some very minor forays into both Angular and React and are doing more with this.
- Developers have a lot of autonomy to make tech choices – so the technologies listed here are a guide, as we are always evolving.
- We use docker in our development environments; and gitlab to manage the workflow and we’ve started our journey with AWS but already have mature deployment processes.
Apply to email@example.com