20 Oct 2020
Bob Wootton calls for pride in the work and a shift to marketing the industry's craft and its commercial impacts to customers
08 Sep 2020
Bob Wootton weighs in on the two most contentious topics debated in adland this month.
04 Aug 2020
The ad boycotts of today will go the same way as the media sieges of old, writes Bob Wootton.
The devil has been making work for idle hands, writes Bob Wootton .
26 May 2020
It's time to start again by reclaiming the great things adland has lost, writes Bob Wootton. Plus: an ex-ISBA director's view on the programmatic supply chain report.
27 Apr 2020
True enough, the advertising industry has responded brilliantly to reconfigure itself wholesale, writes Bob Wootton - but it shouldn't kid itself about its present or future positions.
17 Mar 2020
An industry topic du jour, inhousing threatens the status quo, if not ultimately agencies’ very raison d’être, writes Bob Wootton. Or does it?
04 Feb 2020
The Ad Association's Lead 2020 reflected a growing tension in adland, writes Bob Wootton. Plus: Accenture quits auditing, ditching ABC and trying to fathom Project Origin.
19 Dec 2019
Bob Wootton ends the year by collating adland's loose ends in the hope they can find resolution in 2020.
04 Dec 2019
As content creators align with distribution, it’s going to be harder for viewers to find what they want unless they subscribe to a lot of stuff, writes Bob Wootton. Is it a model TV will get away with?
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- October ABCs: FT and Observer buck the trend as circulations drop
- September ABCs: newsbrand circulations begin slow recovery
- August ABCs: Newsbrand circulations plummet post-lockdown
- Five key takeouts from the latest PAMCo release for newsbrands
- Five things you need to know from the latest PAMCo release for magazines
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks