Smart speaker listening slightly declined quarter-on-quarter, now accounting for 13.8% of all listening, according to the latest Rajar audience data.
The BBC has taken some share of listening back from commercial radio, a small buck of a trend that has been happening for the previous three quarters.
Bauer's Greatest Hits Radio has overtaken Global's Capital in terms of weekly breakfast show listeners, according to the latest Rajar audience figures.
BBC stations retained the top three national station spots in terms of weekly reach during the breakfast timeslot despite quarterly and yearly drops.
Commercial radio registered record weekly reach and share of listening for a second consecutive quarter, according to the latest Rajar radio audience data.
Smart speaker listening grew quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year, now accounting for 14.4% of all listening, according to the latest Rajar audience data.
18 May 2023 | Ella Sagar
Commercial radio registered record weekly reach and share of listening according to the latest Rajar radio audience data.
18 May 2023 | Jack Benjamin
Bauer's Greatest Hits Radio grew its morning reach by the largest percentage of any station during the first quarter (+28%), eclipsing two million listeners.
18 May 2023 | Ahmed Elkady
According to the latest Rajar radio audience data, online listening share on commercial radio reached 28% in Q1 2023 surpassing analogue listening (27%) for the first time.
02 Feb 2023 | Jack Benjamin
Total online listening share increased by 43% percentage points year-over-year to encompass nearly a quarter of all digital listening.
The Media Leader bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Weeklies
- Consumers ABC's: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABC's: Men's Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Lifestyle
- Apple TV launches beta version of sports multiview feature
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- Rajar Q3 2023: Smart speaker listening share dips
- Rajar Q3 2023: BBC claws back share of listening
- Rajar Q3 2023: Greatest Hits Radio overtakes Capital on breakfast
- Rajar Q2 2023: BBC slides at breakfast but retains top 3 spots
- Rajar Q2 2023: another record high for commercial audience reach and share
- How the VOD giants are navigating the cost of living crisis
- Rebranded BVOD services create an increase in claimed usage
- How we listen is changing rapidly, but radio continues to have the MIDAS touch
- Mediatel Connected whitepaper: The Growing UK Audio Market
- Black Friday: who to target?