Ellen is Mediatel's senior reporter covering all aspects of the media industry. She also writes the publication's in-depth business interviews. Contact: email@example.com / 020 7420 3252
26 Jan 2018
The author of a new book examining the behavioural biases that influence what we buy tells Ellen Hammett how advertisers can make their campaigns more effective.
25 Jan 2018
A 3.4% year-on-year increase to £22.1 billion marked the eighth consecutive year of market growth, according to preliminary figures released by the AA and Warc.
24 Jan 2018
Speaking at Mediatel's inaugural Out-of-Home Summit on Tuesday, Simon Valcarcel said no other channels give O2 the same scale, fame and high awareness that OOH and TV do
22 Jan 2018
From this week Facebook will start asking people whether they are familiar with a news source and whether they trust it.
19 Jan 2018
The move represents a return to the Publicis Groupe fold for Habib, who previously served as head of strategy for Zenith Media between 2005 and 2012.
19 Jan 2018
Just 5% of media and advertising professionals believe commercial research studies on digital advertising are of a good enough quality - with much of it being viewed as a Trojan horse to promote a sales agenda.
18 Jan 2018
25% of marcoms merger and acquisition deals took place in Western Europe in 2017, up from 19% in 2016, according to analysis from Results International.
17 Jan 2018
The latest IPA Bellwether survey reveals that 23.9% of marketing executives raised their budgets during Q4 2017; however, ongoing economic uncertainty and growing client caution meant that 15.2% cut their total marketing spend.
16 Jan 2018
Oh dear. It looks like adland has its work cut out as it enters 2018, with new research from Kantar Millward Brown revealing that UK consumers are less-than-pleased with the current state of advertising.
09 Jan 2018
Getting more women into C-suite roles is proving to be an especially laborious task, according to the IPA's latest annual diversity survey.
Data from Mediatel Connected
Find out more about the UK's most comprehensive aggregator of media data.
Mediatel News bulletins
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.More Info
Latest Data Analysis
- October ABCs: FT and Observer buck the trend as circulations drop
- September ABCs: newsbrand circulations begin slow recovery
- August ABCs: Newsbrand circulations plummet post-lockdown
- Five key takeouts from the latest PAMCo release for newsbrands
- Five things you need to know from the latest PAMCo release for magazines
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks