ARCHIVE ▸ JAN GOODING
Jan Gooding wonders whether adland's reaction to the junk food ad ban will see it fall on the wrong side of history again.
There can be few things as important to a brand as its name, iconography and heritage, writes Jan Gooding - but at what cost?
Our lives have become highly curated and formalised, writes Jan Gooding - and for marketeers this not only inhibits innovation and productivity, it creates a very small world in which our brands can operate.
22 Apr 2020
Jan Gooding evaluates the impact the Covid-19 pandemic has had on marketing - assessing what we've learned, and what should happen next.
26 Mar 2020
Marketers are well placed to help people make the difficult choices, writes Jan Gooding as she explores how climate change is changing aspects of business.
19 Feb 2020
Amid growing concerns over the spread of coronavirus, Jan Gooding considers the balancing act between ensuring the safety of staff and protecting business needs.
Our state of mind can often feel like a battleground, writes Jan Gooding - but we have more power and control than we realise.
Jan Gooding looks at ways to make sexual harassment in the workplace easier to identify, challenge and stop.
Jan Gooding: The backlash against brands for advertising on Pornhub proves the risks of ad placement are as high as the messages they carry.
24 Oct 2019
The current self-regulation of the market research sector is evidence of its health, writes Jan Gooding - so let's stick to our ethical principles to keep it that way.
Mediatel News bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- March ABCs: A better month for the dailies
- February ABCs: a steadier month
- Five key takeouts from the latest consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Men's Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Weeklies
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2020: Analysis
- Rajar Q1 2020: Digital
- Rajar Q1 2020: Breakfast markets
- Rajar Q1 2020: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2019: National stations and networks