Professor Karen Nelson-Field is a media science researcher and founder of Amplified Intelligence. She writes a monthly column for The Media Leader – Attention Revolution – in which she explores how brands can activate attention to measure online advertising as well as build a better digital ecosystem.
26 Apr 2022
The implications patterns are striking to both brands and those intending to integrate attention as a key metric of ROI.
29 Mar 2022
When you start to build a currency, you’re not doing it for the short-term. It must be enduring and stand the test of time, warns Professor Karen Nelson-Field.
16 Feb 2022
Professor Karen Nelson-Field explains there is more to active attention seconds, with more complex shapes and patterns that impact outcomes.
12 Jan 2022
Professor Karen Nelson-Field offers three predictions for 2022, but says regardless if they come true this year is going to be a hell of a ride for audience measurement.
14 Dec 2021
Mediatel and Amplified promised a revolution and we hope we have delivered.
Attention Revolution: As we build an attention-based audience measurement category, guiding rules around data quality must be followed.
07 Oct 2021
Attention (as a metric) has moved to the Early Majority stage on the innovation diffusion curve, explains Prof Karen Nelson-Field
09 Sep 2021
Karen Nelson-Field offers a blueprint for users of audience measurement who recognise the significance of a changing media economy
05 Aug 2021
Measuring viewability and passing it off as ad effectiveness is like saying product distribution is enough, without having sold any units off the shelf
08 Jul 2021
Globally renowned media science researcher and media innovation professor Karen Nelson-Field introduces her new column
The Media Leader bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Five key takeouts from the consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: Mens Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABCs: TV Listings
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q1 2022: Digital surpasses two-thirds of all UK radio listening
- Rajar Q1 2022: BBC R2 and Heart remain top despite audience dips
- Rajar Q4 2021: Digital nears 2/3 of all UK radio listening
- Rajar Q4 2021: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2021: BBC2 Breakfast keeps top spot