05 Dec 2023
If the programmatic market resembles a car boot sale, as the latest ANA study suggests, then a more robust approach by advertisers and a flight to quality of execution should enhance the market’s status.
21 Nov 2023
Brands have always grown stronger and faster when scoring in 6s and 4s by using 'Big Media' — not worrying about singles.
There isn't some conspiracy; advertisers want to sit beside the benign and predictable, not the combustible.
The Russell Brand allegations remind us why scale in media matters. Without being part of the so-called 'mainstream media', how else can journalists hold the rich, famous and powerful to account?
29 Aug 2023
In an increasingly polarised media landscape, we must read widely, question everything, and don't lose perspective on what really matters.
Online display advertising, especially when automated, has become Dr Frankenstein’s monster.
19 Jun 2023
It’s déjà vu all over again — the Open Web Programmatic market is as impenetrable as ever.
22 May 2023
At this crossroads in online advertising and media, Nick Manning examines what went wrong, where we are now and where advertisers should turn to reprioritise quality messaging, effectiveness and creativity.
18 Apr 2023
Can agencies really expect to recruit, retain and incentivise their people without a rise in baseline salaries, asks Nick Manning.
09 Mar 2023
TV has even more potential in the internet age. But it can’t cover all the bases without some very significant investment.
The Media Leader bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Weeklies
- Consumers ABC's: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABC's: Men's Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: Women's Lifestyle
- Apple TV launches beta version of sports multiview feature
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- Rajar Q3 2023: Smart speaker listening share dips
- Rajar Q3 2023: BBC claws back share of listening
- Rajar Q3 2023: Greatest Hits Radio overtakes Capital on breakfast
- Rajar Q2 2023: BBC slides at breakfast but retains top 3 spots
- Rajar Q2 2023: another record high for commercial audience reach and share
- How the VOD giants are navigating the cost of living crisis
- Rebranded BVOD services create an increase in claimed usage
- How we listen is changing rapidly, but radio continues to have the MIDAS touch
- Mediatel Connected whitepaper: The Growing UK Audio Market
- Black Friday: who to target?