ARCHIVE ▸ BOB WOOTTON
2016 was a tough year for the industry - Bob Wootton shares his wish list for getting it back on track...
30 Nov 2016
If you bought a jacket with only one sleeve, you'd seek a refund, wouldn't you? So why is no one kicking up a fuss over Facebook short-changing advertising customers, writes Bob Wootton.
08 Nov 2016
Following the launch of Omnicom's new agency earlier this year, Bob Wootton wonders whether the advertising produced by agency holding group-created teams is ever as good as the pitch.
27 Sep 2016
Bob Wootton investigates the rumour that one part of a holding group has told media owners to trade their way - or don't trade with them at all.
31 Aug 2016
Following the decision to leave the EU, forward visibility of ad spending remains sketchy - but it's certainly not the end of the world, argues Bob Wootton. Plus: AI turns media planning and buying on its head.
Last week agencies and advertisers were warned their investment choices were creating a diminished media landscape in the UK. Here, Bob Wootton asks what it will take to avert disaster.
20 Jul 2016
Antipathy towards holding companies and their group trading operations is growing, writes Bob Wootton
29 Jun 2016
It's time advertisers, agencies and media owners locked horns under the neutral canopy of the Advertising Association to talk about a cleaner way for the industry to run, writes Bob Wootton
06 Jun 2016
A probe by a US marketing trade group is set to reveal that US ad agencies are accepting rebates from media companies. As adland nervously waits, Bob Wootton looks at some likely consequences.
31 May 2016
Rebates, a coup, grumpy publishers, vibrating shoes and an unholy mess: Bob Wootton digests a busy month in media
The Media Leader bulletinsMore info
Receive weekly round-ups of the latest comment, opinion and media news, direct to your inbox.
The Media Leaders Awards 2021: Highlights
Latest Data Analysis
- Five key takeouts from the consumer ABCs
- Consumer ABCs: Home Interest
- Consumer ABCs: Mens Lifestyle
- Consumer ABCs: News & Current Affairs
- Consumer ABCs: TV Listings
- TV market round-up: November 2019
- TV market round-up: October 2019
- TV market round-up: September 2019
- TV market round-up: August 2019
- TV market round-up: July 2019
- Rajar Q4 2021: Digital nears 2/3 of all UK radio listening
- Rajar Q4 2021: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q4 2021: BBC2 Breakfast keeps top spot
- Rajar Q3 2021: National stations and networks
- Rajar Q3 2021: Breakfast markets